Each month, the ORIGINS Cohort convenes to share insights, wins, and resources associated with creative entrepreneurship. As founding program consultant and business coach, Nisha Blackwell leads these hour-long monthly meetings. As ORIGINS grows, we are turning to both the Cohort and the larger entrepreneurial community to identify individuals interested in leading this monthly space. The new ORIGINS Cohort leader will send monthly email communications to gather important and relevant information to share during the monthly meeting, develop a meeting agenda for the Cohort to view beforehand, and attend an ORIGINS team meeting once a month. The Cohort leader will also facilitate the meeting by hosting on Zoom, and lead discussions based on their agenda. The Cohort leader will receive a monthly stipend for their assistance and the role may evolve into additional opportunities.
- This opportunity is open to ORIGINS Cohort members and BIPOC entrepreneurs in the Pittsburgh area
- Priority is given to active ORIGINS Cohort members who express an interest in developing a leadership role
- Estimated time commitment is 3 – 4 hours a month
- Monthly stipend of $150
- Researching current and upcoming opportunities to share with the cohort, including grants, residencies, market opportunities, and more
- CBA team members and other ORIGINS participants can pass along things to share, and the Cohort Leader may identify items as well
- Collecting opportunities and resources into a list to share with the cohort via email monthly.
- Send two cohort wide emails per month
- A request for opportunities or things to share out at the monthly meeting
- An invitation/reminder email with the meeting topics listed and Zoom link
- Develop a meeting agenda based on the information collected that month, or any special topics that Cohort members or the Cohort leader would like to unpack in a group setting.
- Attend one ORIGINS team meeting a month
During the Meeting:
- Create a welcoming environment that allows space for a variety of perspectives
- Introduce new members
- Highlight priority, time-sensitive opportunities sent out via invitation email
- Note taking for reporting and follow up to any questions from the cohort during the monthly meeting
- To inquire about this opportunity and learn more please email Katie Johnson. See Below.